Broxap is a family owned engineering business based in Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire, established in 1946. We are market leaders in the design and manufacture of street furniture, shelters, covered walkways and playground equipment.
We are looking to recruit a tenacious and professional individual to join our busy Purchasing Department.
As part of an established team you would be responsible for:
- Purchasing of Broxap products, using direct operational and strategic methods.
- Developing processes to achieve increased efficiencies with the procurement process.
- Negotiating best price for products and services to achieve the best possible profit margin whilst maintaining Broxap quality standards in terms of delivery performance and material quality
- Negotiating with suppliers with regard to cost and performance.
- Working towards achieving the departmental KPI’s alongside the existing team and also working on your own initiative where required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing supplier relationships and proactively identifying opportunities to reduce costs. You will negotiate with suppliers at all levels as well as leading resourcing initiatives and VA/VE exercises. A commercial awareness is essential, both in terms of costs and also impact on sales deliveries, along with the ability to use and understand our MRP system and the demands which it creates. Experience in offshore procurement would also be beneficial.
The ideal candidate shall ideally have previous buying and/or project costing experience gained within the steel fabrication industry, however the right candidate will be trained where necessary. The ability to work both on their own initiative and as part of a team, whilst prioritising their own workload is essential in this fast paced environment.
Please visit http://www.broxapdesignandbuild.com/ and https://www.broxap.com for a clearer understanding of the exciting projects that you could be working on.
Working Arrangements and Rewards:
- Monday to Friday 08:00 to 16:30, with additional hours as may be required.
- 25 days holiday entitlement plus 8 bank holidays
- Competitive market salary
- Remote office working opportunities