Broxap is a family-owned engineering business based in Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire, established in 1946. We are market leaders in the design and manufacture of street furniture, shelters, covered walkways and playground equipment.
We’re looking for positive, hard-working and experienced site installation operatives to join our team. Working across the country, our installers ensure our products are delivered, assembled and fitted on time and finished to our high-quality standards.
Duties will include working on site, liaising with customers and contractors, setting out, and erecting sports, timber play and outdoor gym equipment.
As part of the sport and play division, successful candidates will be working at a wide range of customer sites including schools and nurseries, parks, recreation grounds and housing complexes.
This is a physically demanding job which calls for a good eye for detail, and the ability to work competently from engineering drawings as well as carry out all aspects of installation, assembly, and finishing.
Duties will include:
• Carrying out safe and efficient installation and remedial work for sport and outdoor gym equipment and timber playground equipment, to specification, at sites across the UK
• The interpretation of engineering drawings
• Ensuring Health and Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to
• Accurately completing and returning documentation
• Communicating professionally and politely with customers
• Being able to identify issues and take responsible action to resolve them
• Working to a high standard to achieve a satisfactory installation which is right first time.
- Good problem solving and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of groundworks
- Good understanding of site safety
- Valid CSCS card preferred, although application to the scheme may be made on your behalf
- A reliable professional attitude and motivated outlook.
Candidates must have a flexible approach to working hours and be prepared to travel around the UK which may include overnight stays. A full driving licence is essential.
- Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30pm - flexibility on hours and overnight stays may be required
- 25 days holiday entitlement plus 8 bank holidays
- Salary £25,000 a year
If you are interested in applying for the above opportunity, please complete an application form or provide your CV with a covering letter to: HR Department, Rowhurst Industrial Estate, Chesterton, Newcastle under Lyme, Staffs, ST5 6BD. Alternatively please send via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org