Product Draughtsman/Engineering Checker – Shelters Division
Celebrating our 75th year, our family-owned business specialises in the design, manufacture & installation of shelters, covered walkways, street furniture and sports and playground equipment.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 08:00 - 16:30
Holidays: 25 days holiday entitlement, plus 8 bank holidays
Salary: Competitive market salary
Perks: Employee Benefits Package, Free car parking & tea and coffee facilities
As a member of our Drawing Office you will use CAD design packages to document, design and develop a varied range of standard products, and bespoke iterations of them.
- Check detailed fabrication drawings to ensure there is sufficient detail to enable the item to be manufactured using the most economical methods
- Check sizes of item are not restrictive in manufacture methods due to excessive size or weight i.e. for galvanising or powder coating operation.
- Check that all information issued accurately conveys all pertinent requirement/information in reference to the design, specification, manufacture and subsequent installation of the products(s).
- Ensure that all references made on drawings are correct; this includes references to other drawings, material types, quantities, weld symbols etc.
- Check component schedules and fixing lists for all products.
Experience and Required Skills:
- Have a good level of experience using Autodesk Inventor & Vault
- Interpret and understand the clients design brief and provide detailed arrangement drawings for review
- Liaise with clients when required to ensure design brief is understood and issues resolved in a time efficient manner
- Produce accurately detailed fabrication drawings to allow the fabrication of a structurally sound bespoke product manufactured from the correctly specified materials.
- Liaise with fabricators when required during the manufacturing stage to ensure that the designs are accurately realised.
- Have an understanding of manufacturing technologies, processes techniques and installation procedures.
- Adhere to in-house 9000 systems and standard drawing office procedures for design processes and project manufacturing.
- General drawing office administrative duties as and when required.
This is an office based role with remote working opportunities available.
To apply please click on the button below, or alternatively send your CV with covering letter to HR Department, Rowhurst Industrial Estate, Chesterton, Newcastle under Lyme, Staffs, ST5 6BD.