Broxap, a successful private family business, and the UK’s market leader in the design, manufacture and installation of bespoke, cycle shelters, canopies, covered walkways, timber structures, sports and play equipment has a vacancy for a: Product Draughtsman/Engineering Checker – Shelters Division
Based at HQ in Chesterton, as a member of our Drawing Office you will use CAD design packages to document, design and develop a varied range of standard products, and bespoke iterations of them.
This product range would broadly encompass, litter bins, benches, bollards, cloakroom equipment, shelters, walkways, canopies, post and rail, tensile canopies, timber play equipment and structures and sports equipment; all of which can be found on our website.
The successful applicant will need to:
- Have a good level of experience using Autodesk Inventor & Vault
- Interpret and understand the clients design brief and provide detailed arrangement drawings for review
- Liaise with clients when required to ensure design brief is understood and issues resolved in a time efficient manner
- Produce accurately detailed fabrication drawings to allow the fabrication of a structurally sound bespoke product manufactured from the correctly specified materials.
- Liaise with fabricators when required during the manufacturing stage to ensure that the designs are accurately realised.
- Have an understanding of manufacturing technologies, processes techniques and installation procedures.
- Adhere to in-house 9000 systems and standard drawing office procedures for design processes and project manufacturing.
- General drawing office administrative duties as and when required.
The role of Engineering Drawing Checker would entail:
- Check detailed fabrication drawings to ensure there is sufficient detail to enable the item to be manufactured using the most economical methods
- Check sizes of item are not restrictive in manufacture methods due to excessive size or weight i.e. for galvanising or powder coating operation.
- Check that all information issued accurately conveys all pertinent requirement/information in reference to the design, specification, manufacture and subsequent installation of the products(s).
- Ensure that all references made on drawings are correct; this includes references to other drawings, material types, quantities, weld symbols etc.
- Check component schedules and fixing lists for all products.
Experience of working in a light/ medium duty fabrication environment in a relevant capacity with an understanding of typical fabrication practices is essential. Excellent attention to detail is a strict pre-requisite as is the ability to read engineering drawings.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and abilities to succeed in this demanding and rewarding position, please send your CV and covering letter to: HR Department, Broxap Limited, Rowhurst Industrial Estate, Chesterton, Newcastle, Staffs, ST5 6BD or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.