Due to business growth, we are looking to recruit a tenacious and professional Buyer to join our busy Purchasing Department.
Celebrating our 75th year, our family-owned business specialises in the design, manufacture & installation of shelters, covered walkways, street furniture and sports and playground equipment.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 08:00 - 16:30
Holidays: 25 days holiday entitlement, plus 8 bank holidays
Salary: Competitive market salary
Perks: Employee Benefits Package, Free car parking & tea and coffee facilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing supplier relationships and proactively identifying opportunities to reduce costs. You will negotiate with suppliers at all levels as well as leading resourcing initiatives and VA/VE exercises. A commercial awareness is essential, both in terms of costs and also impact on sales deliveries, along with the ability to use and understand our MRP system and the demands which it creates. Experience in offshore procurement would also be beneficial.
- Purchasing of Broxap products, using direct operational and strategic methods.
- Developing processes to achieve increased efficiencies with the procurement process.
- Negotiating best price for products and services to achieve the best possible profit margin whilst maintaining Broxap quality standards in terms of delivery performance and material quality.
- Negotiating with suppliers with regard to cost and performance.
- Working towards achieving the departmental KPI’s alongside the existing team and also working on your own initiative where required.
Experience and Required Skills:
- Previous buying and/or project costing experience gained within the steel fabrication industry, however the right candidate will be trained where necessary.
- Ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
- Prioritising their workload is essential in this fast paced environment
This is an office based role with remote working opportunities available.
To apply please click on the button below, or alternatively send your CV with covering letter to HR Department, Rowhurst Industrial Estate, Chesterton, Newcastle under Lyme, Staffs, ST5 6BD.