Cycle Parking Guide
Summary - Cycle Parking Planning
It is important to take in to account all factors surrounding your cycle parking planning. Below is a quick run through of what is required to achieve our ‘Best Practice’ cycle parking scenario.
Best Practice Check List
- Consistently Used – Sufficient parking for all residents or employees
- Fit for Purpose – ‘Sheffield’ type stands or easily accessible two-tier systems, cages or lockers
- Conveniently Sited – Long stay parking should be within 50m and short stay parking with 15m from main entrance
- Accessible and Easy to Use – All cycle parking should be easy to reach – no steps, detours, narrow corridors or steep slopes. Closer than car parking.
- Safe and Secure – Users should feel secure and confident that their bike is secure
- Well Managed, Maintained and Monitored – Cycle parking must be maintained and monitored. Management will be required for long stay cycle parking.
- Covered – Required for long stay cycle parking and advised for short stay cycle parking